Thursday, October 5, 2023
Montana Medical Association Selects Leadership for 2023/2024;
Bozeman Emergency Medicine Physician Takes Helm as President
HELENA – The Montana Medical Association (MMA) announced today that its Board of Trustees has selected a new slate of officers to lead the Association through September 2024, with Sarah F. Morgan, M.D., an Emergency Medicine Physician, taking the helm as Association president.
“We are proud to announce these new officers and their commitment to leading the Association into 2024,” said MMA Chief Executive Officer Jean Branscum. “Dr. Morgan and these exceptional physician leaders bring a vast wealth of knowledge, skills, and abilities to the MMA, helping to position the Association and its initiatives for success in the upcoming year.”
The new organization leaders were elected during the 145th MMA Annual Meeting on September 30, 2023. Dr. Morgan takes the place of Denny C. Orme, D.O., who served as MMA president over the 2022-2023 term.
Additional leaders serving 2023-2024 terms include:
- Vice President: Ernest (Joe) Gray, M.D., Browning, Family Medicine
- Secretary: Shawna M. Yates, D.O., Butte, Family Medicine
- Treasurer: Jason A. Cohen, M.D., Kalispell, Hospitalist, and Internal Medicine
- Member-At-Large Serving on the Executive Committee: Cara J. Harrop, M.D., Polson, Family Medicine
- American Medical Association (AMA) Delegate: Nicole C. Clark, M.D., Helena, Neurology
- AMA Alternate Delegate: Michael P. Temporal, M.D., Billings, Family Medicine
- Member-At-Large on the Board of Trustees: Catherine M. White, M.D., Butte, Pediatrics
- Member-At-Large on the Board of Trustees: Anna S. Loge, M.D., Dillon, Internal Medicine
- Member-At-Large on the Board of Trustees: Jonathan L. Bingham, M.D., Great Falls, Dermatology
- Delegate to the Young Physicians Section: Tyler J. Thorson, M.D. Ronan, Family Medicine
- Delegate to the Young Physicians Section: Julia C. Middleton, M.D., Great Falls, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Immediate Past President: Denny C. Orme, D.O., Kalispell, Anesthesiology
About the Montana Medical Association
The Montana Medical Association is a membership organization comprised of Montana physicians dedicated to improving patient care. Our mission is to serve our members as an advocate for the medical profession, quality patient care, and the health of all Montana citizens. The MMA is the largest physician-led organization in Montana, with nearly 1,400 members.